top of page

ABOUT THE THEATRE

        The earliest manifestation of a movie theater in Annville, PA dates back to the early 1900's.  The name of the theater was the Hippodrome.  The Hippodrome operated as a "second-run" theatre, showing movies at a discounted rate after leaving first-run theaters.  Around 1929, new management changed the name to the Astor Theater.  The Astor had a great run until financial troubles arose in the 1970's, and ultimately, closing the doors in the early 1980's.  In 1992, Mr. Skip Hicks had a dream for the former Astor Theater- to completely renovate it, and operate a landmark theater in Annville once again.  After three years of renovation he did just that, and by September of 1995, the Allen Theatre was open for business.  Under Skip's ownership, the Allen Theatre was named one of the twelve best local movie theaters in the country by moviefone.com in 2010. In June of 2018, the Allen was purchased by Edward and Susan Felty to continue the legacy of this Annville landmark. Edward and Susan, both Lebanon natives, hope to continue to grow the business and further realize the dream that Mr. Hicks began in 1995: to provide state of the art entertainment, and a place to gather for the town of Annville and its surrounding communities.

bottom of page